Stephen Hawking is the great scientist who inspired the world with his excellent knowledge despite of his physical disabilities. He surprised everyone by his research on black holes and relativity.
According to Stephen Hawking, black holes emit radiations which he named as Hawking’s radiation. He is the author of many fascinating books like ‘A Brief History of time’ and ‘The Universe in a Nutshell’. ‘A brief history of time’ have the concept related to space, time & existence of god and future.
The book made a remarkable success since millions of copies were sold worldwide. It remained on the top list of ‘London Sunday Times’ of best seller list for more than four years.
In his early twenties, Stephen hawking was diagnosed by the AMS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis). In this disease, a person steadily get paralyzed and all parts of the body stop responding. Instead of all this, he aimed great things and explained important concepts and discoveries.
Stephen Hawking was born on 8th January 1942 in Oxford, England. His birth date is exciting since that was the 300th death anniversary of great scientist Galileo.
Stephen hawking’s parents both attended Oxford University. His father read medicine and his mother studied philosophy and economics. His family was considered as highly brilliant and intelligent.
At the age of 17, he entered in the Oxford University and studied cosmology and physics. In 1962, he went to Cambridge for his PhD in Cosmology.
A Big Turn of Life
One year later, in 1972, he was diagnosed with serious disease ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) in which person loses the functionality of muscles. Initially, he felt some symptoms but didn’t reveal this fact to anyone.
Then one day, his father noticed and consulted him to a doctor. After series of tests, he was reported the early stage of ALS.
Gradually, Stephen lost functioning of his most of the muscles. Doctors gave him, time span of 2 and half years to live. But by his will to live, he proved them wrong.
BLACK HOLE CONCEPT
In 1974, Stephen Hawking shocked the world by his unique research on black holes which turned him into the famous personality. Earlier, scientists believed that black holes are the information vacuums but Stephen Hawking showed his valid theory about black holes.
Stephen with another cosmologist scientist Penrose Roger, started their research on Black holes and the Universe. Then, they came up with Hawking’s Radiation which turned to be one of the most noteworthy research. Just at the age of 32, Stephen Hawking became the fellow of the Royal Society and he was the youngest among them.
He also received Albert Einstein Award which is the reputed award for the research in the field of theoretical physics and natural science.
In 1985, Stephen Suffered with pneumonia and for his survival only suitable option left was tracheotomy. This operation helped him to breathe but took away his speak ability.
A special ‘Speech Synthesizer’ was suggested for the communication of Stephen Hawking. It is connected to the system mounted on his wheel chair. Initially, Hawking used hand clicker to select the word to be displayed on the screen.
Later, his hands stopped working and new system was demanded. Now an infrared switch is placed on his glasses which create words by detecting movement of his cheeks.
RELATED: To know how intel gave voice to Stephen Hawking click here.
Stephen is not afraid of public appearances. After his incredible research on black holes and the universe & success of his book ‘A Brief History of Time’ he became a celebrity.
- In 2012, Stephen appeared in ‘The Big Bang Theory’ as a guest. He revealed his humorous side by playing a role in it.
- He also made guest appearances on the ‘The Simpsons’ and ‘Star Trek: The
- ‘The Theory of everything’, movie was released which is based on the life of Stephen hawking and Jane Wilde, his wife. It also consists of his success and triumph in the field of cosmology and the Universe.
He authored many books in which he explained all his research and concepts. Some of his books are:
- A Brief History of Time: this book collected huge appreciation from all around the world. In this, Stephen explained about the space and time, existence of god and the future. This book was translated in approximately 40 languages.
- The Universe in Nutshell: It is simpler version of ‘A Brief History of time’ since it was complex to understand. ‘The Universe in Nutshell’ have theories related to universe in simplified way so that anyone can understand it.
- The Grand Design: In this book, Stephen have solved many mysteries of universe. He answered many questions which are prevailing in our minds regarding the creation of universe.
- People won’t have time for you, if you are always angry or complaining.
- However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed.
- Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.
- Intelligence is the ability to adapt change.
RELATED: For more quotes click here.
We keep on complaining for all the miseries happening in our life. On the other hand, Stephen Hawking only with his few muscles in active state created theory of black holes and the universe, one of the biggest mysteries of all time. And here we can’t able to create a life with satisfaction.
Stephen Hawking once stated that, “It is a waste of time to be angry about my disability. One has to get on with life and I haven’t done badly. People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.”
Sometimes, we need to stop complaining and start exploring because exploration never go in vain. Either you can teach it or you can spend your rest of the time with the things you admire.
Image source: Internet